Thursday, September 8, 2011

Should I use a Pacifier?

NUK 2 Pack Classic Silicone BPA Free Fashion Pacifier, Size 2, Colors May VaryShould I use a Pacifier?  This is a common question that comes up for all moms whether you are new or seasoned!  You may have a mother in law or friend telling you how she never had to use a pacifier for her kids, eluding to the fact that you would be a terrible mom if you used one.  Those same people tell you all the wives tales that the child will end up with buck teeth, or they will never talk normally.  Well I say hogwash.  From my experience as a mother to seven children none of that is true!
A pacifier is designed to soothe your baby when they are upset, and that is exactly what they do!  You should not feel bad about using a pacifier, in fact I would encourage it!  I have used a pacifier with most of my children, I have one finger sucker(whole different conversation!) and all of the children have been just fine. 

A pacifier can be such a lifesaver!  Say for instance when you are in church and the baby is screaming, but not hungry, or at the grocery story and you just have one more thing to get and the baby is fussy.  These are the times a pacifier comes in mighty handy.

I will admit that sometimes getting rid of the pacifier can be a bit difficult but that is the only draw back I have found!

In my opinion the best pacifier on the market that works for most children is the NUK classic pacifier.  I have found through hundreds of pacifiers, and I mean hundreds, that this one takes the cake every time.  It's shape works well for the babies mouth and even when they are newborns they are able to keep it in their mouth!

NUK 2 Pack Classic Silicone BPA Free Fashion Pacifier, Size 2, Colors May Vary

No comments:

Post a Comment